Friday, July 15, 2011

Just the mundane

Nothing out of the ordinary happening here today. But some things that I felt were at least worth mentioning, just for the irony of it all.

I had to go to court with one of my clients today. I sat in the courthouse for 2 1/2 hours, sat in the court room for 1 1/2 minutes and than stood in the hallway for 10 minutes waiting on the paperwork! But I got paid to do it. And I get to bill for all that time, so it's not too bad! And the good news is, they closed my client's case. YAY! This is the family that they almost pulled the kids in January even though I thought it would have been a completely ridiculous decision. So, it was worth sitting for 2 1/2 hours, I think.

Than I was so hungry that I decided to go to Avanti's and get a Gondola. After living in Peoria for 5 years, I finally remembered to order the gondola with no cheese so I wouldn't have to pick it off later. I was so proud of myself for that :). But than when I started eating it, it tasted funny to me. Either it had some bad salami on it or all these years the gross American cheese has been altering the taste of the salami so that I like it. Hmmm...now what do I do next time I go to Avanti's to get a gondola?

No comments: