Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gearing up for Cheesy Christmas Movie Night

I was on the computer tonight looking for this year's selection for our annual Cheesy Christmas Movie Night.  I have five movies on hold at the library.  Apparently, you really can google anything.  I entered "List of Cheesy Christmas Movies" and got quite a few ideas!  I'm not spoiling the selections by giving you a head's up, but here is part of one of the descriptions:

"Only watch this movie if you're not easily offended by extremely contrived plot lines, family "games" that consist of sucking up to everyone around you, or dialogues like "you...are my destiny", because [insert title here] has all of these things and more...I say this like I didn't enjoy it, but I did.  And not even despite all of these things; I liked this movie because it was over-the-top ridiculous.  Sometimes we need a little extra cheese in our lives."

I mean, if that does not fit the description of a cheesy Christmas movie, I don't know what does!

On a side note, my very favorite made for TV Christmas movie, "The Night They Saved Christmas" was only rated 1/2 an ornament out of 5 by one list.  I promptly decided I could not in good conscience believe anything the author said after that as far as what she would or would not recommend!

No comments: