Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Last night I was at a New Year's Party where we prayed in the new year.  What an awesome blessing I have in new and old friends who are faithful to the Lord and inspire and push me to grow in my faith!

This morning as I was laying in bed at 11:00 (yes, you read that right!), I began praying for my new year and reflecting on the old year.  It is often a sobering experience.  Sin is such a powerful thing, even if there is no condemnation in Christ.  There are so many areas I want to grow in this year.  Here are a few of the main ones:

1.  I want to focus less on my circumstances and emotions and focus more on the sure foundation I have in Christ and what His Word tells me is true.
2.  I want to continue to memorize Scripture in order to be grounded more in God's Word.
3.  I want to grow more in service to others and not feel so entitled to have time to myself or for myself (not that I want to give that up completely, but I know that I lean more toward this than I should).
4.  I want to grow more in prayer for others and pray Scripture into the lives of others more often.
5.  I want to remember God's grace in my life and not think so much about my agenda for my life.  I want to rest in the assurance that God is in control, He has not forgotten me, and His plan for my life is way more than I could ever hope or imagine for myself.

Here is to a wonderful 2015!

No comments: