Monday, November 28, 2016

Decorating for Christmas 2016.

Same pictures, different venue.  My first decorating experience in the new condo.  I almost didn't buy a tree (the old tree was Emily's).  I had decided that I would wait until after Christmas and get a tree when it was on clearance.  But then the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Target had all their trees 50% off.  So, meet my new tree:
I also had to "make do" with half the lights because Emily and I split them.  I only know one way to decorate a tree, and I was a little afraid that I was going to have to decorate and de-decorate a few times because I thought I would run out of lights before I got to the top.  But, lo and behold, I managed to have one strand left over the first time!
And I may have watched all four episodes of Gilmore Girls both Saturday and Sunday.  I'd give a sheepish look, but I was on vacation, so I didn't really feel sheepish.  Saturday I watched with Daynah, Lydia, Hayden, and Emily (for the last two episodes).  Committed to watching with no distractions.  Sunday, Kinsey came over to watch and I decorated and watched at the same time.  Emily was here to help with lights and also watched the first two episodes, which she has missed the day before.  Don't judge! :)
Pretty, twinkly lights.  The tree is a little lopsided.  I couldn't figure out how to fix that. But it's still beautiful with lights and ornaments!
The other decorations had to find new places too.  The kitchen got some plates, glasses, and a Charlie Brown display.


Mom brought this small tree when she came for Thanksgiving (remember, I wasn't going to have a tree, so she wanted me to have something).  And then she left it, so I put it in the corner of the dining room.
Usually these decorations go on a bookshelf in the old living room, but the bookshelf is not downstairs anymore, so I used the new entertainment center instead!  Worked like a charm.

My new birds that I bought when I got my tree because I thought they were ADORABLE!
My 2015 ornament from Mom.  The new ornament always gets hung first. (Hanged?  I am never sure which is grammatically correct.)
Aunt Kathy bought this ornament for me as a housewarming present.  The snowman is even holding a key!

And there you have it, Christmas 2016 is up and running in the new condo!

No comments: