Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Chicago Trip, Girls Only

The first weekend in December, when it was a balmy 60 something degrees, my friends and I took a day trip to Chicago to see White Christmas and do Christmasy things in Chicago.  It was such a fun trip!  And I wouldn't have traded the weather for anything, except maybe less crowds.  Because apparently great weather in December equals everyone in a million mile radius being in Chicago.

The play did not disappoint.  Not the same as the movie, but you can't really mess with a classic.

After the play, we moved on to other Chicago must sees.
I believe this was my first time seeing the huge tree in the park.
Above, the requisite selfie.  Below, someone took pity on us and took our picture.
And we saw the bean.  This was also my first time seeing the bean at night.  I tried to teach Emily how to take a picture of yourself without having your phone in the way.
The buildings all around were lit up for the holiday season

Ice skating outside!  We did not do this, but I decided it deserved a picture!
Pretty city lights reflected in the bean.
Macy's all decked out for Christmas.
Our hot chocolate mugs from Christkindl market.  The extreme crowds made it difficult to enjoy the market, but I was glad to get a new mug.
A lady took expert pictures of us at the bean!


We attempted Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo, but because of the above mentioned millions of people, it was pretty impossible to move around and it was getting late and we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us,

...so we took some selfies to prove we were there and then headed home!
I love this group of ladies that I get to do life with!  We have had many adventures together and I hope we get to continue this tradition and add some more in the future!

No comments: