Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Making a list

Now, since I am waiting for NCIS: Los Angeles to start and I don't feel like being productive, I am going to tell you 900 things about me since I passed the 900th blog post...

Just kidding, when I reached 100, I did 100 things about myself and that was almost impossible!  You can read those here.  How about I just give you 9 things you might not know about me.

1.  Dishes are my favorite chore.  Give me a sponge and a pile of dishes and 99% of the time I will gladly do them.  Just don't tell me they HAVE to be done right now.  I don't often volunteer to do dishes, but it's often because I don't think about it.  We don't use the dishwasher in our apartment because I would rather just wash them by hand.  On the other hand, hand me a dish towel and ask me to dry the dishes and you will see me exit the room faster than you can get the dish towel out.  Just kidding, I'll usually do it, but only after I offer to wash and you dry. :)

2.  I really enjoy a good to-do list.  But I am notorious for putting things on my list that I've already done just so I can have something to scratch off the list right away.  I also will put several things on the list that I know I will do regardless of whether I have a list, again so that I can know I will have something to scratch off the list later.

3.  I love to read.  And I love to re-read.  I have some books that I've probably read over 10 times.  I have a horrible sense of detail, so even when I've read them that many times, I still couldn't tell you what was going to happen next, even if I know what happens at the end.

4.  I'd say about 90% of the time, I read the last few sentences of a book to see what happens at the end.  If it is a mystery, I try not to do this because I really don't want to ruin the whodunit, but half-way through the book I often cave.  Also, when I'm reading a book, I like to randomly flip pages and read a sentence or two on the page I flip to, just to give me a sneak peek of what is to come.  As an example, I read the last sentence of the Hunger Games trilogy while I was still in the first book, purposefully to find out whether Katniss ended up with Peeta or Gale.  And I enjoyed the series so much more because I had that knowledge and didn't need to stress about it.

5.  Growing up, I watched  a lot of wrestling.  And kind of liked it.  And attended an event live at the Civic Center in Georgia with my brother and Dad.

6.  I have a keen attention to detail.  Almost hyper-sensitive.  When it really drives me crazy is when people try to "help" me by putting things where I won't forget them.  I am more likely to remember them if they are in the random place I might have left them the last time I saw them.  Move them and I go crazy because they are not where I left them.  Also, there are some details that I would rather not remember, but I can't help it.

7.  I have a "fear" of riding a bike as an adult.  I learned as a child, but never rode very often because we didn't often live in places that were conducive to riding a bike.  I might have been 12 the last time I rode a bike.  Actually, I probably rode once or twice in high school.  I didn't have a bike of my own and would ride someone else's bike.  I think that my feet never really touched the ground very well and I was always afraid of stopping and balancing the bike without falling.  I kind of avoid bikes now.

8.  I often dream about tornadoes.  No one ever gets hurt in them and I sometimes just dig a hole in the ground to get away from them.  The last dream I had, I was in a car driving down the road with other people and we were pointing out the windows both ways as several tornadoes kept cropping up.  It was kind of like a windmill farm where we'd go "Oh, look at that one."  "There's another one!"  But we weren't afraid that any of them were going to hurt us.  Strange, I know.  If anyone knows a good dream interpreter, I'd love to know why I dream about tornadoes one a regular basis.

9. I can multi-task with the best of them.  Unless I'm watching television.  Unless I'm on the computer.  Then, make sure I'm paying attention before you say anything important to me.

Wow, even 9 things was hard for me to come up with.  Good thing I didn't try for 900.  But 9 gave me more of a chance to give a back story, which is one of my favorite things (oops, that might have been my 10th fact).

No comments: