Friday, January 25, 2008

One Hundred

I worked as a teaching assistant in a kindergarten classroom for one year. Apparently these days in school, the 100th day of school is something that is highly anticipated and celebrated. I don't remember this from when I was in elementary school, but then, I'm old and my memory is going. So, all that to say, today is my 100th post on my blog. For my faithful readers, can you believe that you have read 100 separate random stories? I think I found this on another blog I have read, but I decided to attempt to give you 100 facts about myself. Be forewarned...I might get bored half-way through, and I might not actually have 100 facts about myself (especially since I haven't thought it through beforehand):

100. I am 28 years old.
99. I am 4' 11" tall.
98. I was born in Illinois.
97. I lived in Georgia for 16 years.
96. I lived in Texas for 3 1/2 years.
95. I love Dr. Pepper.
94. I have two brothers.
93. I have one sister.
92. I have one sister-in-law.
91. I have one nephew.
90. My first car was a 1983 Honda Prelude.
89. My second car was a Toyota Camry.
88. My third car was a Ford Contour.
87. My current car is a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid.
86. I still miss the Prelude (even though it was pretty much a piece of junk).
85. I like daisies.
84. I love dogs.
83. I have been converted to liking cats also.
82. My major in college was psychology.
81. The official name of my college was Georgia College & State University.
80. My graduate degree is in Marriage and Family Counseling.
79. My graduate degree came from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
78. Apparently, I like schools with long names that don't fit on one line when filling out applications.
77. I went to middle school for 6 years, without repeating any grades.
76. My high school mascot was the Ram.
75. My first job was working in General Merchandise at Winn Dixie.
74. In college my job was cleaning a professor's house.
73. I worked as a maid in a hotel for one summer.
72. I collect turtles.
71. I was a nanny to three boys under the age of 4 for one year in Texas.
70. My favorite vacation was when I went to San Francisco in college.
69. I got to ride in a trolley in San Fran.
68. I toured Alcatraz while there too.
67. This is harder than I thought.
66. I was the senior class editor of the yearbook my senior year of high school.
65. I lived in a dorm room for 6 1/2 years of my life.
64. I like to do puzzles.
63. My favorite chick flick is You've Got Mail.
62. My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid.
61. My favorite action movie is Above the Law.
60. My favorite classic is The Sound of Music.
59. I also really like the Anne of Green Gables movies (but not particularly the continuing story)
58. My favorite TV show is The Cosby Show.
57. I own all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls.
56. I own three seasons of Alias.
55. I prefer not to wear shoes (which is why I love flip flops)
54. I've been a bridesmaid in 7 weddings.
53. My first trip out of the country was to Guatemala last year.
52. I work at the Children's Home in the FBI.
51. I like Brad Paisley.
50. I lived in the south for 15 years before I started listening to country music.
49. Winter is my favorite season.
48. I love snow.
47. My birthday is July 5.
46. My half-birthday is January 5.
45. It is 162 days until my birthday.
44. I really like fruit.
43. I like to read.
42. My name starts with T.
41. The title at the top of my blog is my name backwards.
40. I have done 7 Beth Moore Bible studies (one of them twice).
39. I have led two of those studies.
38. I was the Programs Chair of the Baptist Student Union my senior year of college.
37. I love spaghetti.
36. I dislike most vegetables that come on pizza.
35. I have a weird aversion to cheese.
34. I really like to sleep in on Saturdays.
33. I dislike playing just about every sport.
32. I love to play games.
31. I love pictures.
30. I live with my family.
29. If I started repeating things on the list, would people notice?
28. I worked at LifeWay for 4 years.
27. I'm the shortest person in my family on both sides, including cousins.
26. I like to wear fun socks.
25. I don't like vanilla scents.
24. My favorite word is onomatopoeia.
23. I used to go sprinkler dashing in seminary.
22. I like to roller blade.
21. I have a star sapphire ring that was my mom's in high school.
20. I technically stole it from her.
19. She bought a new one instead of trying to get it back from me.
18. I was in two weddings in two weeks time.
17. I was off of work today.
16. I have lived in 12 houses (including three different dorm rooms).
15. My favorite ride at Disney was It's a Small World.
14. My sister is 15 years younger than me.
13. My older brother is 2 1/2 years older than me.
12. My younger brother is 18 years younger than me.
11. I am technically old enough to be Daynah and Josh's mom.
10. Someone once mistook me for their mom.
9. Amy is my favorite stepmom.
8. I am a procrastinator.
7. I don't like coffee.
6. I don't like tea.
5. I love hot chocolate.
4. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
3. My favorite Jelly Belly is Dr. Pepper.
2. I toured the Jelly Belly factory.
1. I really like my blog!

Okay, so maybe I cheated a couple times, but that was kind of fun. And I might have had some help (see number 9).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Good job

Andrew said...

101. You have an amazing boyfriend

stormhuse said...

Wait, is that North Georgia College and State Univ or is that a different school? Do all GA schools have long names?

And I think I may copy you...

Anonymous said...

Wow! I learned a lot about you! We have some similiarities...
85. I like daisies.
84. I love dogs.
72. I collect turtles.
69. I got to ride in a trolley in San Fran.
68. I toured Alcatraz while there too.
55. I prefer not to wear shoes (which is why I love flip flops)
43. I like to read.
24. My favorite word is onomatopoeia.
I cracked up when I read #24 and #55 and #72....so me!!! :)
Okay, here are some things you forgot....
101. I agree with Andrew...you do have a sweet boyfriend
102. you are a great listener and encourager
103. you pray/talk soft in bathrooms so no one hears but me, you and God
104. you are a good friend/cousin!!
I love you, jen

PS I know this is not email, but it is my first comment post...so there's an exception

Teresa said...

Jen, I think my favorite is that our favorite word is the same...how random is that. Do you think it could be genetic?! : )

Storm, North Georgia is actually a different college. I don't know what they were thinking when they changed the names to make them so long. They didn't consult me first.

Anonymous said...

You are 4' 11.5"! I can't believe you left out the half inch! Especially since I lost that trivia question (yet I was still the champ) at your goodbye party in Texas! Just wanted to offer my protest. ;)