It's that time again. Where I let you know things about me that you may not have already known. That you may not care to know. That you may wish you could unlearn.
1. I loathe tennis shoes. They are so uncomfortable. Too constraining. My feet feel claustrophobic. And usually if I am in them long enough, my feet hurt. Everyone tries to help me with this--suggesting they are too small, too old, need a new brand. But nothing I try makes me like them more.
2. I am a sympathetic crier. Especially if I see a man tear up. It has been difficult in some counseling sessions where my client is crying and I know I need to hold it together. I just want to cry with them.
3. I always brush my teeth in warm water. Cold water just makes me feel like I'm not really cleaning my teeth.
4. I have specific pens that are used for specific purposes. Don't mess with my pens. It may appear as if I have 10 pens and I won't miss one if you "borrow" it, but I will know.
5. I don't own a pair of non-GAP underwear. They are my favorite. The closest GAP Body is near my mom, so at least once a year, we make a trip to Woodfield so I can restock.
6. I can't bear to get rid of pictures from frames. So, I either buy new frames or I have a stack of pictures behind the current one in any given frame or I never replace a picture.
7. The sound of a can of soda being opened is one of the most satisfying sounds to my ears. And often makes me crave a Dr. Pepper.
8. I sleep with 2 fans on at night for noise. However, as soon as I wake up, the noise of the fans annoys me and the first thing I do is turn them off.
9. I often get symmetrical pimples on my face. I would take a picture, but really, who wants to see that!
10. I almost always let out an involuntary sigh when I turn my light off and settle into bed at night.
There you have it. 10 new things about me that you maybe didn't really want to know. :)
1 week ago