Thursday, January 17, 2008

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

So, here is the sign of the day. I was out in the middle of nowhere today (Washburn). On my way back into Metamora, right as you are entering the city limits, there is a sign that says "Excessive Engine Breaking Noise Prohibited" : ) Now, I understand completely why the sign is there. There are a bunch of houses and the speed limit drops from 55 to 35, so the big semi trucks were probably slowing down by the houses and obviously making lots of noise with there excessive breaking. But to actually post a sign is hilarious. Not so hilarious is that I had trouble staying on the road while I wrote myself a note so I wouldn't forget what the sign said so that I could post later. Mom, if you're reading this just ignore the last sentence and read this one: After reading the sign, I continued going 35 mph with my hands at 10 and 2. : )

3 comments:

stormhuse said...

Nope, I've seen you drive, most of the time you're driving with your knees.

I always assumed that you were using your hands to rearrange the phone book that you were sitting on. No?

Hols said...

It just makes me laugh that you take notes for your blog in your car. I guess that's what makes it so entertaining!

Teresa said...

Storm, I thought we agreed to be nice to each other on our blogs! And technically, my legs aren't long enough to drive with my knees. And I only used the phone books once in college!!!