Friday, January 11, 2008

Driving, More Driving, Most Driving

Or would it be driving, drivinger, drivingest : )

Random driving stories:

So, from previous posts, you all know I drive to Farmington twice a week. To get to Farmington, I drive through Trivoli. In the yard of one of the houses is a sign that says "Clowns for Hire." For some reason it amuses me every week : ) They have a website, but between driving by the sign and getting home, I forgot what it was. Maybe I'll post it next week! And the phone number in case anyone wants to hire a clown. For all the weddings coming up, there's a unique idea...clowns at the reception!

And then I drove by a gas station. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I make frequent bathroom stops while on the road. So, I was at a stoplight next to a gas station and was amusing myself by reading the signs around me. The gas station, on it's main sign, advertised clean restrooms. I just can't decide if I would be more likely or less likely to stop at a gas station that specifically advertises clean restrooms. I definitely don't think it would make me MORE likely to stop at that particular gas station. I think I'm more of a judge a gas station by its cover (instead of judge a book by its cover) kind of person. If it looks friendly and inviting and not run down or shady, I'm more likely to stop and use that bathroom. It's not a foolproof plan, but it has served me well over the years.

1 comment:

Hols said...

Joel and I were driving around looking at houses and we saw one outside a house that said "I have cake". It amused me. Wasn't sure if she was selling cake, or just extremely proud of the fact that she had cake. It made me hungry though!