Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Wow, two posts in two days. I'm on a roll. So, I thought about making up a bunch of New Year's Resolutions for my first posting of 2008, but then I thought it wouldn't be very good to start off the new year by lying. The truth is, I hate new year's resolutions. The way I see it, when I make a resolution, I am just setting myself up for failure. I can't think of a single person I know who has made a resolution that they kept. But here are some things I am looking forward to in 2008:
  • one week in Thailand (in 58 days)
  • my 10 year spiritual birthday (in 20 days)
  • my 29th birthday (in 186 days)
  • my two year work anniversary
  • my nephew's 1st birthday (strange to think about since he was just born)
  • my brother turning 10 (yeah for double digits)
  • continuing to grow friendships that have become very dear to me over the last year
  • continuing to get to know Kevin as we grow closer in our relationship
  • attending numerous weddings of friends who got engaged last year
  • paying off my student loans

I'm sure there are many other things I am looking forward to, so don't read this as an exhaustive list, merely as a jumping-off point. I will feel free to add to it whenever the fancy strikes!

Happy New Year to all of my family and friends! I predict 2008 is going to be a marvelous year : )!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Actually....My new years resolution last year was to read through the bible in a year and I did! Yeah! So now you know someone who completed a new years resolution.

stormhuse said...

When you list everything out like that it really shows how much there is to look forward to!