Tuesday, September 9, 2008

One giant step for mankind

So, I went and bought a router today. The conversation went something like this:

Salesman: Can I help you?

Teresa: I need a router.

Salesman: What kind?

Teresa: I have no idea.

Salesman: Well... (and then he led me to the aisle with the routers and proceeded with talk like this) I have this one at home. It's on sale. Computer talk, computer talk. Blah, blah, blah. N and G something or other. You could get the cheaper brand but I've been through four of those in three years. Computer talk, computer talk.

Teresa: Sounds good. Do I pay you or do I pay up front.

Now I have to pick up a modem from some friends and get Internet. Baby steps, people, baby steps!

And, no, I still haven't hung the curtains.

5 comments:

John and Sarah said...

John just pointed out to me that this is typical of our at-home communication... blah blah blah, computer talk, blah blah blah. Did the new router come today? blah blah blah

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! A post on the blog!! I've missed you!!!!

Ashley said...

This sounds like a daily conversation between Andrew and I.

I will be there in 2 and a half weeks. I will bring my tools.

stormhuse said...

I called the cable company a few weeks ago about problems with our internet. The gal asked me if I had a router. I was like, I really have no idea what you are talking about. Pretty sure I heard her laugh at me.

Hols said...

It's so good to hear from Little T again...even if it was a lot of blah, blah, blah!