Friday, November 11, 2016

Funny Client Conversations

I haven't posted funny client stories in a really long time.  But today's two conversations tickled me and I want to remember them.

I picked up my 7 year old client this morning (he was out of school for Veteran's Day)
Client: Is today Saturday?
Me: No, it's Friday.
Client: I thought you said you were coming on Saturday.
Me: No, I don't work on Saturday.
Client: You WORK??? (Said with extreme shock and dismay)
Me (trying to keep a straight face): Yep, that's what I'm doing right now.  Working. (All the while very confused and thinking, "You think I just drive around and pick up random kids all day for the fun of it?!")

Fast forward to when we get to the office.
Client: How old are you?
Me: How old do you think I am?
Client: Are you older than a frog?
Me (slight pause since that was not the answer I was expecting): How old are frogs?
Client: Two.
Me: Do you think I'm older than two?
Client: Well, I'm older than two.
Me: Ummhmmm.
Client: So, how old are you?
Me: How old do you think I am? (All the while thinking, I'm not telling you how old I am, kid!)
I never got an answer.  I never answered.  Good therapy?  Who knows.  It was Friday--cut me some slack!

No comments: