Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One Year Ago Yesterday

I missed my anniversary of starting my blog! Who would have thought I would have started a blog. And I never really expected to still be blogging. I am not the most consistent at journaling (I've lost count of how many times I've started a journal and realize that I haven't journaled in a year). So, knowing that blogging was a lot like journaling, I didn't know how well I would do. So, what do you think? : ) (Minus the last month and a half, of course).

Here's a somewhat entertaining story. Well, maybe, but not really. Just exasperating. I don't know what God is trying to teach me right now, but apparently, I have 3 clients who enjoy being verbally abusive. Which means that for about 6 hours of my work week I get to hear kids say, "I hate you." "You're stupid." "I wish I had never met you." And I get to say in a calm voice, "I'm sorry you feel that way." "Remember, we are trying to work on choosing better ways to express our anger." Instead, I'd sometimes like to say, "Well, I don't like you very much either." "You're pretty smart yourself." "I don't much want to meet with you either." Oh, the joy of being a responsible adult. I am learning that I am a very patient person.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Well I don't like hearing that at all! Whenever that happens just remember that I like you. I would love to meet with you once or more times a week. I think you are a great friend and a wonderful gal!

Anonymous said...

Teresa Rocks!