Friday, November 19, 2010

Select Thoughts from Teresa's brain on a Friday evening after a long week of work and two days of a cold!

That's the title you get when I'm not in the mood to be creative, just get the information out for the people to read! And by "people" I mean...hmmm...I never know who I mean. It's a funny thing when random people come up to me and comment on my blog. Oh, you read it too? Granted, I've started putting on Facebook when I blog a new post, but for some reason, I still only think that the people who comment on my blog are the only one's who read it.

On another note, when I read books, I get so involved in them, that part of me is sad when I am done. I mean, sometimes I have invested a couple weeks into reading a book. I just finished a book that was the second in a series. So, for the last three weeks, I have been reading these two books in my spare time. At the end of the book, I just want to know what happens next. I like books that have epilogues, but I want them to be 20 years down the road so that I REALLY know what happened with these characters. For instance, in this book I want to know
1. where was the location of their wedding?
2. where did they end up living (he lived in California, she lived in Iowa)
3. what about the foster kid he took under his wings? was he adopted by the family who was trying to straighten him out, but that he didn't like very much?
4. did she ever reconcile with her parents? did they come around after she had a child within the bounds of marriage (she had gotten pregnant in high school and they made her give it up for adoption)?
5. how many children did they end up having? and what did they name the child that was born in the epilogue?

I can just hear my brother's voice now...nothing happens after the end of the book. It's not real. But in some small part of my brain those characters become real while I'm reading the book, so I always want to know more.

On to the next thing...Today I was with a client and was getting hungry, so I ate a granola bar while he ate fruit snacks. He asked me, "Are you trying to lose weight?" because apparently that's the only reason one can eat a granola bar.

I lost my voice yesterday, so I got to stay home from work. I won't lie, it was nice. But I also stressed about all the appointments I had to cancel. And my voice did come back for the most part in the afternoon, but not enough that I felt I could talk a lot to clients. I never got dressed, which also meant I didn't take a shower (ewww....).

I was looking through the Bed Bath and Beyond catalog today and found several things that were slightly alarming:
1. a machine that turns water into soda (it just sounds yucky)
2. an inflatalbe Wii Racing cart
3. a "sound asleep pillow" with a built-in speaker that you hook your iPod to (iPod not inlcuded, just in case you were wondering)
4. a "rechargeable mangroomer" which is a do-it-yourself electric back hair shaver

Okay, that's all the randomness I can think of for now!

No comments: