Saturday, December 15, 2012

On Sending Christmas Cards...

I've had several discussions with people about etiquette and the lost art of sending Christmas cards.  Here has been my answer to them.  I send Christmas cards because it makes me happy.  Not because someone sent me one or because it is what is expected of me.  I only send cards every couple of years, when I have time or have inspiration of what I want to do.  I have a hard time just sending a card without a personal greeting or letter of some sort.

One of my favorite things about sending cards, which I just discovered today as I was addressing cards...seeing the fun street names that everyone lives on! :)  It sounds silly, I know, but fun street names are important.

This year, I am excited to send out cards.  I wish I could attach a camera to my cards to see everyone's response to getting it.  I have a feeling there will be many questions and a few people who will say, "I don't get it."  That is what makes me smile.  If you need an explanation, just let me know, I'll be glad to tell you the story behind the card.  If you didn't get one, I'm really sorry, but I had a limited amount that I could send out.  I might post a picture of the card after the fact so that everyone can enjoy it, even if you didn't get one.

PS.  I always love getting cards.  December is the one time of year I get more fun mail than I do junk mail or bills!  And picture cards go up on the refrigerator so that I can see your smiling faces all year long!

No comments: