Sunday, March 24, 2013

Work bag woes

In my life, when it came to losing baby teeth, I hated pulling said teeth. My loose teeth would literally hang by one little root. I could rotate them a full 360 degrees, but I would still refuse to pull them. My work bag this week reminded me of that. I have been losing the battle of the straps breaking on my bag for 3 or 4 years.  In the picture below, you can see how much they have been stretching and pulling. 
But really, it had been like that for several years. I asked for a new work bag for Christmas one year, but I just didn't like what I got and couldn't find anything else I liked. I know this is shocking coming from someone who struggles with change. But everything fit perfectly just where I wanted it in the bag. So, I continued to use my faithful bag for 3 or 4 more years.  However, last week one part of one strap began pulling even more.  By the end of the week, kind of like my loose teeth, it was hanging by a few threads.  And I knew I was out of time.  So, being forced to get a new bag, I searched a couple of stores and found one that was okay.  It is not what I would have chosen had I had the time to really look, but such is life.  I do not have high hopes that the straps on the new bag will last for 7 years because they are not nearly as reinforced as my previous bag.  But we shall embrace the change.
Ironically, as I was lifting my trusty old bag onto my bed to make the switch and "test out" if my new bag will even fit all my stuff that I carry, the strap finally gave out :).  Coincidence?  I think not.

No comments: