Sunday, June 21, 2015

Nate and Erin's Wedding

I'll give the disclaimer that there are a ton of pictures to this post, but really, it's a wedding so you should kind of expect it!  It was a beautiful day for a wedding and a beautiful couple to watch get married.  We blamed some tears on allergies because allergies were running rampant that week.  Those allergies may have only struck the groom and the best man (his brother) and anyone else who can't watch men cry, but we won't talk anymore about it, lest it embarrass said men!  Here is the happy couple in the midst of their vows:
And on their way down the aisle as Mr. and Mrs. Nathan Luketin:
And the cutest ring bearer you could ever have (not biased coming from his aunt at all!)
Bubbles!
I love the look Nate is giving her in this picture:
And a sweet kiss (I'm not usually one to take kissing pictures, but it was sweet!  And hard to be avoided at a wedding)
And a great picture of the back of Erin's dress:
An almost serious family picture, if only we could have gotten Michael to cooperate!
Brothers..and still not serious:
Me and my nephews.  At least someone can be serious in this family!
All ring bearered out!
Grandma and the boys:

Between the wedding and reception, we went to my grandma's house because it was so close to the church.  Nate and Erin and the bridal party took a trolley around to take pictures.  They stopped at Grandma's house to take pictures.  Grandma didn't go to the wedding, for many reasons which aren't all that important here, but it was a big deal that she agreed to come outside to take pictures.  My mom was quick to inform me that Grandma would kill me if she knew I posted these pictures on Facebook that day, and now I'm putting them on my blog.  Lucky for me, my grandma doesn't own a computer.
I almost lost it bawling to see these pictures actually happen.  You'd just have to know my grandma to understand.  It was one of the sweetest moments of the day for me.
Lots of the family stopped by while we waited for the reception.  Here is Meg and I:
I even got to sit next to her during the reception!  This was in the middle of the shenanigans that happened during the reception.  Not that we are a family known for shenanigans, I promise!
My cousin Michele and I:
The three girl cousins.  So many pictures of the three of us.  And now we can honestly say we like each other!  Meg was hit or miss for awhile growing up! :)  What, she was four/five years younger than us and just a little bit of a pest!  But we love her now.  We couldn't fake that in a picture!
Shenanigans may have been happening even before the wedding began.
Michael decided to eat his goldfish with a spoon because we were at a fancy place.
I think they love each other?! :)
Somehow, by the time dinner arrived, Ann ended up with a bunch of knives and a spoon.  But we couldn't really say why...
This kid is a ham.  He has been perfecting his wink, so whenever he does it, he does it with great exaggeration, which makes him all the more adorable.
Again, I promise they love each other!
Passing the time while we waited for dinner: Spoon (or fork) on the nose.  It's a good skill to have!
As you can see from all the pictures, we had a blast celebrating Nate and Erin and spending time with our family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best wishes to the adorable couple! Got wonderful luxury services at the destination wedding of my cousin few months back. Asked about the package prices paid by uncle to the NYC venues for such a unique management. Cuisines were arranged in a buffet manner and drinks with snacks were served from time to time.