Saturday, September 30, 2017

Decorating complete=Check

It only took my 11 months to get everything hung on the walls! Really, most things went up months ago, but I didn't have any decorations for the living room walls. And I'm not a decorator at all, so it took me a long time to decide what I wanted to do.  I finally decided on owls as the theme, but I struggled because owls are such a fad right now, and I didn't want to do something that looked like I was following the crowd.  Honestly, owls remind me of my Grandma Forsberg.  She passed away when I was really young, so I don't have very many memories of her.  But I remember the bathroom at her house being decorated with owls.  So, this is why I settled on the owl theme.  It helps that owls are the fad, because I can find them almost anywhere!  Here is the living room.  The pillows on the couch were a new addition after my birthday.  I had never liked the pillows that came with my couches, but never took the time in my apartment to search for anything.

The layout of the owls allows me to add to them if I want to.  I'm so happy to finally have things hanging on my walls in my living room!  And, of course, hanging credit goes to Amy.  There would be zero things hanging on the walls anywhere in the condo if it weren't for her!  Actually, I hung the calendar on the wall in the kitchen, so there would be something!

No comments: