Monday, May 25, 2009

Blogging Conundrum

Warning: This blog will flow forth in a stream of consciousness that may not make sense at all times :).

So, here's the conundrum. I want to blog: I have nothing to blog. I have something to blog: I don't have time to blog. I get an idea in my head: I forget it when actually in front of the computer.

I'm bummed right now because my computer will not play the music video I want it to without stop---pause, pause, pause---ing and---pause, pause, pause---star---pause, pause, pause---ting. It is somewhat, almost completely, annoying me to no end. It just took me my whole meal of leftover chinese food to listen to "Whatever It Is" by the Zac Brown Band. Very irritating. But I'm stupid enough that I'm going to try it again. Hmmm, actually, so far, so good!

I had a three and a half day weekend that turned into a four day weekend ending with not a lot of sleep (well, I guess it didn't officially end yet). I took Friday off to go on a really quick trip to St. Louis. And by quick I mean, lunch and a game of Settlers in the park and then on the road again. But it was well worth it for many reasons...
1. I got to hang out for 6 hours in the car with Kari, Kim, and LaNae. And where there are four girls in a car, much fun is always to be had!
2. I got to see Lauren, one of the girls we met in Thailand last year. This was the actual reason for the trip. Lauren was in St. Louis for the week visiting a friend and going to her brother's graduation. [pause to switch songs to "more like her" by Miranda Lambert.][longer pause to look for a picture I couldn't find plus switching to listen to "Famous in a Small Town" by Miranda Lambert]
3. I got to eat at Chipotle! YUMMY! Normally, I wouldn't recommend driving 3 hours to eat a meal. But, in this case, it was really good, so I might recommend it some of the time!
4. I got to play Settlers in a park. Interesting concept, especially without a table. I didn't win, but I helped the longest road card travel between several people :). The moral of the story, if you know you're not going to win and you're tired of trying, be nice to other players and give them what they want so that they might be able to win.
5. Did I mention the 6 hours in the car with great friends?!
6. We stopped for ice cream on the way home. Wendy's for Frosty's. Oh, the joy! [replaying "famous in a small town" because I can and I like it!] I only got a little on my lap while driving!
7. It was a day off of work!

Oh, as for the random account of the time I had off. I was supposed to work this morning even though it was a holiday. I need the client hours and had the morning available. Last night I was regretting scheduling clients but I was trying to be a big girl. I called work to check messages to see if the family cancelled. No such luck. I had friends over, so I graciously went to bed at 12:30 but didn't fall asleep until after 2:00. I think it was the ice cream at 9:00, but I'm not sure. Alarm clock went off bright and early at 7:25. Got in the shower, spent some time with the Lord, crawled back in bed for a 10 minute nap, decided to check my messages again. The mom called at 8:00 this morning to cancel. Turns out her daughters went on a camping trip on Friday that they wouldn't be back from until this afternoon. Sigh. Mom could have called and left a message at any point in time over the weekend and I would have been able to sleep in. By this time I was too awake to fall back to sleep [switched to "then" by Brad Paisley] although I did take a little bit of a nap after I exercised.

Saturday I went over to Dad and Amy's to help stain the arbor out back. The first year I was back in Illinois I helped do this and remembered having fun, so I volunteered this time around too. As it turns out, I have a warped memory when it comes to "fun"! Oh, well, at least I got two meals and Theo's out of the deal. And, while I know that Daynah has way outgrown me, it still hurts to have it confirmed! :). Three years ago when we stained, dad made some makeshift scaffolding out of some plywood between two ladders. He did the same thing this time, but Daynah and I couldn't share the scaffolding like we did before because at my height, she had to duck and at her height, I had to stretch too much to make it worth my while. So, we each got our own scaffolding. [now for "ticks" by brad]

I think that might be the highlights of my weekend, and let's face it, the last couple of weeks. Which brings me back to the blogging conundrum...what do you do when your life is boring and there's nothing much to blog about? [oh man, "ticks" is breaking up too. Bummer. Trying a different video. Nope, that one doesn't work either.] Well, I need to go cut up fruit for a picnic later anyway. Thanks for reading this incredibly long post about nothingness! Have a great rest of the holiday weekend!

Hmmm, it's not giving me the option to spell-check my post. Now the dilemma becomes, do I post it or wait until I can edit it. It's awfully long to not check for spelling errors. Plus, I have no idea if I spelled conundrum correctly, and that's the fourth time I've used it.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I have missed your blogs. Look everyday to see what you have posted. Keep on blogging, even though you think it is 'nothingness" still nice to read.

Ashley said...

You could blog about the fact that a new season of Gilmore Girls is starting on ABC Family on June 8th at 4pm central! I just found out and I figured you would be super excited!!

Teresa said...

I don't have cable :(