Saturday, May 30, 2009

God knows best!

And isn't that the most wonderful news we could get! I am so blessed to be loved by a Father who knows my inmost being. I was encouraged by several different people yesterday in very insignificant ways, but they BLESSED THE SOCKS off of me because of that encouragement! They didn't know that I needed it. Frankly, I didn't know I needed it until it came. But each encouragement brought tears to my eyes. However, even though I was moving through my day like normal, not realizing I just needed the blessing of a few simple words, God knew. He knew exactly what words needed to be said at exactly the right time! How awesome is that?!

I memorized a Scripture for the Bible study I am doing right now and it has spoken to me through the past couple of weeks. John 1:16 says "From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another." God does not seek to give one person a little blessing, but he seeks to give ALL His children blessing upon blessing spilling forth out of the fullness of His grace. It's as if He can't or doesn't want to contain it for Himself and so it bursts forth onto each of us over and over. Oh, if I could just remember this in the day to day. See, even just thinking about it is bringing tears to my eyes! Have you experienced His one blessing after another in your life today? Oh, I hope you can recognize it when it comes!

No comments: