Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just call me Grandma

I was talking to one of my coworkers (sorry for stealing your story Jill. I hope it's okay that I posted this!). She has a new client whose grandmother became a grandmother at 29. Clearly, I was appalled by this, but it really hit home when I realized that I am 29. Could any of you imagine me as a grandma???? I mean, I know I have the gray hair, but other than that, I don't feel or look grandmotherly. We also started doing the math and realized that if the earlier pregnancy trend continues, this is what could happen:
Grandmother at 29
Great-Grandmother at 44
Great-great grandmother at 59
Great-great-great grandmother at 74
Great-great-great-great grandmother at 89.

Wow! What a legacy! And that's only if the next children have a baby at 15 instead of 14!

No comments: