Wednesday, July 11, 2012

33--It's the same forward and backward!

I have been remiss in letting everyone know what has been going on with my birthday.  Life has gotten away from me. And I haven't been motivated to blog.  So, here is bullet points of my birthday week-ish.

--The week before my birthday, Emily and I went to see Nunsense at a dinner theater.  I enjoyed it so much.  Emily bought tickets the day before and we're pretty sure she might have bought the last two tickets.  When they took us to our seats, we were surprised that they were taking us to the floor and not the upstairs.  We literally sat right in front of the stage.  As in, our table butted up against the stage.  I could have reached out during the show and unplugged the five mikes.  We definitely had not trouble seeing!  The play was a lot like I remember from high school.  I laughed a lot.  Cringed in a few inappropriate places.  Overall, it was a great night.

--The fourth, while not having anything to do with my birthday, in my mind is always a part of my birthday week.  As has become tradition, I went to Kari's for dinner and then down to the fireworks.  Although it was OBNOXIOUSLY hot, I went with almost no complaint (which is saying a lot for me!).  After all, I couldn't very well miss the fireworks, they're for my birthday!  Another great display on the Peoria riverfront.  Anyone who wants to come next year, let me know, you'd be more than welcome!

--Most of you know, I took Thursday and Friday off because who should have to work on their birthday?!

--Thursday, I would like to say I slept in, but I had some trouble with that while I was off.  I think I woke up at 6:40 and had too much running through my mind, so I got up at about 7:30.  I went to the grocery store to buy food for my party on Friday.  I watched some TV.  I had decided I wanted Wing Stop for lunch, so I went to pick that up and called Ginger to see if I could eat it at her house.  So I spent the afternoon with Ginger, Taylor, and Hudson.  I got my annual birthday picture with Hudson (I'll post it as soon as I get it from Ginger!).  I went home and watched some more TV.  Then I met Emily and Kari at Chilis for dinner.  As you can see, my birthday kind of centered around food! :)  I also got lots of texts, phone calls, and Facebook messages.

--Friday, I finally began to sleep in a little (meaning I slept past 7).  I got up and made my birthday dessert--banana split cake.  Then I met an old coworker for lunch and was able to catch up with her (I don't think we had seen each other in over 6 months).  Then I had people over to Kari's house for dessert (her house is bigger than my apartment).  It was fun to just hang out with people and eat more food! :)

--Then today we had my birthday lunch at work.  We were supposed to go to Chick-fil-a, but unfortunately its not open yet.  And neither is Chipotle.  So we went to QDoba instead.

I think I might be done with actual birthday celebrations.  It was a great week and I had a relaxing and fun time off from work.  Thanks everyone for the fun birthday messages and for helping me celebrate!

No comments: