Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nonsensical-ness

Just a rambling post of nonsensical stuff...

It always amazes me that I can enjoy a book the second time through as if I've never read the book before.

Brownie batter always tastes so much better than the brownies.  I don't know if this is because I am defying rules by eating raw egg, or if it really tastes better.  Ditto for chocolate chip cookie dough (although, much to the shame and mockery of many people, I enjoy the dough more without the chips).

Sometimes I surround myself with little kids so that I can 1) feel taller, 2) feel smarter, and 3) feel talented (did you know that no matter what I draw, to a five year old it is amazing!).

Today I went to Qdoba with a buy one, get one free coupon so that I could have two meals to eat.  I almost deleted the coupon because I figured I wouldn't be able to find anyone to eat with me.  So, I'll just eat with myself...twice.

The back of my couch (where I sit when I watch TV) often doubles as a desk of sorts.  By the end of an evening it often has all the remotes, my phone, mail, various papers, a book, a writing utensil, etc.  Not all at the same time, but a good representation of the list most of the time.

It's fun to have people who watch the same television shows as you do, so you can send random quotes back and forth to make each other laugh.  Unless you don't recognize the quote as a quote and you think it's real.  That is sometimes awkward.  For instance, I got this from a friend, "He's your first second boyfriend.  Give it time."  I assumed she sent the message to the wrong person because it made no sense to me, but then I realized it was probably from Gilmore Girls.

Well, I've procrastinated my chores long enough, and there are limited hours in this particular day that I have to get stuff done, so I'll let you get back to your sensical (I'm not sure if that's a word, but if things can be nonsensical, I'm venturing to guess it means things can be sensical as well.  Which reminds me of another quote from a movie: "I know you can be overwhelmed.  And you can be underwhelmed.  But can you ever just be whelmed?") lives now.

No comments: