Saturday, September 27, 2014

A little bit of Mom loving/ Happy Birthday, Mom!

 Today is my mom's birthday!  And she sure does have a beautiful day outside to help her celebrate!  I was able to see her last weekend, and although we didn't do anything to celebrate, isn't every day a day to celebrate?  Okay, that was more so that I wouldn't feel guilty about not doing anything to celebrate :).  I love how much my mom loves others.  If there is no one else in my corner, I know that my mom will be right there with me.  No questions asked.  I love that she enjoys people.  I wish I could be more like her in this area, even though I often tease her about it and shake my head when she makes friends with everyone she meets.  Secretly, I wish I could do the same as easily as she does.  Happy Birthday to an amazing woman!  I love you, Mom!

Last week, one of the reasons I went up to the suburbs was because Mom had surgery on her foot and I wanted to help serve her and take care of her.  And let me tell you...she was not an easy patient!  It was a fun weekend of threatening to tie her to a chair or strap her to her bed.  I think Chris took it in stride, but Ann and I were a little ready to do bodily harm to her if she did not let us help her!  I learned a few lessons about myself though.  Because, really, I'm mostly just a younger version of my mother.  Isn't that true for most of us, ladies?  And she did let us take care of her some.  Mostly after we told her to sit back down and asked, "What do you need?"

Here is a picture of her toes sticking out of her cast.  Mom couldn't see them, so she had me take a picture:
 For her one week check-up, the doctor took off her cast to see how she was healing.  Sorry to any of those who are squeamish!

And Mom said that John picked out her cast color for her new cast.  The doctor said she was healing nicely but that she could tell that Mom had done too much.  I tried to convince Mom that if she didn't want to take the time off of work, I would take it for her!  Because really, as much as I am like my mom, I also am a baby when it comes to pain.  So if the doctor had told me to take one week off of work, I probably would have asked if she was sure that was all I needed to take off!

No comments: