Friday, September 26, 2014

Roommate shenanigans

That title does not really reflect this post at all, but I love my roommate and we do tend to partake of some shenanigans! Two weeks ago was the Pumpkin Festival in Morton. For those of you who are unaware, Morton is the Pumpkin Capitol of the World. And I live about 20 minutes from it. I know you are all jealous. As for me, I'm a little apathetic. Because if there is one thing that I don't really like about fall, it's pumpkins. :) I don't dislike that pumpkins represent fall, I just don't really enjoy anything about pumpkins. But that is also not the point of this post. Friday night, some friends were getting together to go to the Festival. Earlier in the day, I was super excited because it was really chilly and I was going to be able to wear a hoodie sweatshirt for the first time this fall. But as the time drew near, I was really sad, because with the cool weather, we had wetness. When Emily got home, I was trying to decide whether to go to the Festival where I would neither want to eat pumpkin flavored anything nor ride any carnival rides. Emily basically held me at gunpoint persuaded me to go because she said we would have fun.
Emily and I have very few pictures together, even though we have lived together for 7 years.  Not even a picture a year.  So, while at a stoplight, I snapped this great picture of us in our hoodie sweatshirts on our way to the Festival.  And Emily was right (don't tell her I said so).  I had fun.  Even in the misty, cold rain.  And it did eventually stop.  And I ate a caramel apple while everyone else had lots of pumpkin stuff.  In the end, I was glad that I went.

No comments: