Saturday, November 1, 2014

Texas State Fair

My last day in Texas we went to the Texas State Fair. This was a new experience for me because I never went when I lived in Texas. It was BIG and crowded. It was the Texas/OU game, so there were a ton of college students and fans there. But it was still a fun experience.
"Big Tex" (at least I think that's what his name is.  Danell wouldn't stop to pose in front of him with me.  Party pooper!  In her defense, we were in search of food.  And all pretty hungry.
Selfies to entertain ourselves while waiting during lunch.  It was cold in Texas for October.  And kind of overcast all day.  Even I stayed in long sleeves all day.
Nothing better than eating meet off a stick at a fair.
More selfies.
Horses.  Made out of butter.  Seriously.
And you can't go to the fair without getting a selfie with the butter horse's butt with your best friend!
Really Big Ferris Wheel.  Yes, it made me think of Divergent.
Cuteness galore!  I love that scrunched-nose face!
One tired little girl.  No nap and a lot of walking (well, for her mostly strolling in the stroller, but still).  Fingers in the mouth=a sure sign that she is tired.
But not too tired to make some funny faces.
Hanging upside down while we wait.

Makes me kind of dizzy just looking at it.  I am so old.

And then it was off to the airport.  And that concludes my Texas vacation series on the blog!  I hope you enjoyed, even if it took a while to get every installment up.  Life is crazy busy right now.  I feel like all I keep doing is trying to play catch-up.

No comments: