Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Blessings Jar Process

Many of you have told me that you are going to start a Blessings Jar after reading my post a few days ago. I am so glad that this project has inspired some people because it has been a huge blessing in my life. So, I thought I would tell you how I do my Blessings Jar in case you need some ideas.
The first year I did my Blessings Jar I found this card stock at Hobby Lobby. They are 4x4 cards and the pack is $4 for 75 sheets.  And they come in two different color schemes--darks and brights.  I use both packs so I have a wide variety.  Today, all the scrap booking stuff at Hobby Lobby was half off so I got three packs of cards for $6.  Not bad!
The first year, I would get the card as I wanted to write the blessing, but I found that I am more likely to keep up if I make things as simple as possible for myself.  So now I buy the pack of cards, and tear them all out.
Then I cut them in half to make them last longer and because they fit in the jar better.
And then I keep them next to my jar on the night stand in this box that John painted for me several years ago.
Now, each night, they are right there ready for me.  I just have to grab a color and write my blessing on the card and drop it the jar.

Not that you have to do it this way, but sometimes I just like to have ideas on how to streamline things.

No comments: