Thursday, March 12, 2015

Celebrations!

Not that I need a reason to get ice cream, but today I did so as a celebration for a friend.  Today one of my dear friends from church had her last radiation treatment.  She has battled breast cancer this past year and has undergone chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation.  She wanted to celebrate so she invited everyone to Dairy Queen at 2:00 to celebrate with her.  I was working and was so sad that I couldn't join her for her celebration, but after work I went straight to the drive-thru in order to get my own ice cream.  I was thinking about 1 Peter 1:6-7: "In this [your salvation] you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come, so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."  Janelle has been such a firm and constant encouragement to me as I have watched her rely on her Lord for strength, comfort, and peace throughout this year.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: