Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Lesson in Contentment

Today I had lunch with two friends. Two of us are single, the other married. As we began to explore our new friendships, we learned that marriage was not what our married friend had in mind (not that she doesn't want to be married!). This friend is younger than I am and was not planning on being married for many years still. I couldn't help but ponder the lesson this friend inadvertantly reminded me of (its a lesson that I guess God has decided I need to learn over and over or maybe one I just haven't quite learned yet). It is easy to be content when all seems to be going according to what we want in life. It is much harder when things, such as marriage, seem elusive. I have wanted to be married for around six years now. If life had gone according to my plan, I would have been married with a couple of kids by now. God has a better plan, one that is infinitely better than anything I could even imagine. As I look at my lesson for the day, and the weight I have borne because of it, I realize that tomorrow I can wake up in the face of another glorious day and choose contentment because I am a child of an Almighty God that can only have the best plan in mind for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it Teresa!! I never thought you'd do it!!! I'm so glad that I get to leave the first comment ever! What a good reminder for me!