Monday, July 14, 2008

Fully Settled

The move went extremely well. Everyone showed up at 10:00ish (Kari was early!) and we had everything unloaded at the apartment by 11:45. We ate a quick lunch of gondolas and then some people stuck around to help me settle in. Amy hung all of the stuff that needed hanging (she is AMAZING, by the way), Kari unloaded my movies, and Josh and Emily unloaded my books. I'm not sure what I did. A lot of running from living room to bedroom to "assist" everyone. But they were troopers. Once the big stuff was done, I settled down to put all the knick-knacks away. I was pretty much completely settled by 5:00. Then it was a trip to Target to get some odds and ends stuff. Then Kari and I watched a movie in my new living room! It was a very easy move.

Today I am off of work. I seriously thought I would still be unpacking today, so I took the day off. But, as it turns out, I have pretty much gotten to relax. Although I have to make another trip to the store to buy some other odds and ends stuff.

By the way, my posts my be rather sporadic until I get my own Internet. Right now I am "borrowing" the family's!

3 comments:

Kari :o) said...

why do you sound surprised that i was early? :)

(and it was only 2 minutes early. i would want you to think i was starting a new trend.)

stormhuse said...

Where are the pics of the new pad?

stormhuse said...

No posting of the new digs yet?

(sigh)