Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pictures as Promised

I finally got around to taking some pictures and uploading them to the computer. Here's what I came up with:

This is a picture of the sand pit that was the pool. The guys came out last Tuesday evening to put the pool up and ran out of daylight. Of course, it rained the next day and the next day, and then it was too wet the next day....and so on.
This is the half-full tank of water they brought with them to put into the pool after it was put together. The funny thing was, the guys pulled it into the yard when they started, but then after it rained it was too muddy to move until they emptied it. It kind of put us on the top of the list to finish since they needed the tank for any other houses they worked on.
Last night before I left for church, this ladder was just a dream in the making. Lots of miscellaneous parts with no rhyme or reason. I looked outside today and Tada! here it is. Everyone must have worked hard on it.
And here is the pool : ). Just waiting for a warm day so we can actually swim. There is bubble wrap over the water. I asked Dad why and he said that it is a solar something or other. Interesting because I really thought it must be bubble wrap.
The guys were back to work on the yard now that the pool is in. This is the final stage. The weird teal spray that eventually sprouts grass. I forgot to take a picture of the grass out front. It really is coming in well. Dad is hilarious because he will look out the window and say "I just saw another sprout come up!"
This is where the tank sat just under a week ago. In the background you can see the poles for the fence and one lonely piece of fence that is waiting to be attached.


And onto another subject:


It's official! This is the key to my new apartment. I don't move in until next weekend, but Emily gave me my key last night. How fun!
Here it is up close in case you missed it in the first picture!

If I don't blog for a couple of days....HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


3 comments:

Erika said...

IT's called a solar blanket..It helps keep the pool warm...We've had many good memories in our household of putting one on and falling in. HAHA. At least yours is small and easier.

stormhuse said...

Moving out right after they put a pool in may not be the best timing on your part...

Peppermint0984 said...

I'm glad you took 2 pics. of your key... I almost missed seeing it in the 1st pic. I thought you were holding it in the palm of your hand in the 1st pic. but then I realized it was in your other hand.