Monday, January 12, 2009

If a castle fell on your car would your insurance cover it?

So, today (you'll soon see a theme that I did not get much done at work!) at work I was going into the front office to get a file (notice how I was attempting to work). The first thing I noticed was that Todd was standing in front of my file cabinet. The second thing I noticed was that he and Carol were staring out the window at something. Being the curious person I am, I had to check things out!

Here's the side note story (let's face it, I haven't included one of these in a while) We have had this two story play castle in our parking lot since the spring. Somehow it got donated to the office and then because of strict regulations we couldn't do anything with the castle. Now, don't get me wrong, the castle is really cool if it's not taking up two prime parking spaces and is actually being used. Here is a similar castle but not an exact representation:


So, Todd and Carol were watching some guy and his son load the castle onto their truck to take it into sweet oblivion. But as I came on the scene, the castle was tipping precariously toward the car that was in the next parking spot, which happened to be Sharon's car. No catastrophes happened, but when Sharon came into the office, we told her about the precarious state of her vehicle for the five minutes it took to load the castle. She said, "Oh, I would have been on the phone to my insurance company." And I said, "What would you have said, 'A castle just fell on my car!'?" And then I said, "Does your car insurance cover castle damage?"

Really, the moral of this story is that I'm super excited to have two additional parking spaces again!

No comments: