Sunday, November 25, 2012

Decorating 2012

2:00 until 7:00ish. Two people. One Christmas tree. 32 strands of lights.   Zero trips to the store! (That is definitely a record).  One strand of garland.  Two nativity sets.  Lots of snowmen.  Various other decorations.  A decorating extravaganza!  Here is the progression of the 3 hours of light putting on.  Emily and I are a great team.  Each plays her vital role. I string the lights.  Emily unrolls each strand and has it ready for me before I need it.  Here is the first row of branches finished:
Emily had a snafu with the garland and had to put new lights on it.  But she was a trooper.
More than halfway there and getting a little loopy :):
At the top where I can't reach, so I have to straddle some chairs instead of getting up and down and moving chairs.
Finishing touches.  Red bows:
The injuries.  I always cut up my fingers on the needles.
Pizza for dinner has become the tradition.  Normally we have frozen pizza, but we forgot to buy one, so we had to go to Papa Johns.  Notice the mess in the living room.  We are still in the midst of decorating.
This year, the tree came complete with presents to go under it.  Thanks to a very early visit from Santa and some presents from my mom.
And here is the completed living room.  A job well done, if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

Jill (the blogger) said...

Love it! I never get enough lights on mine...want to come help me light my tree?? :)