Sunday, November 4, 2012

Why I like football movies but not football

I've always loved sports movies.  I've never really understood why, since I don't really like sports.  Especially football.  I don't like football really at all.  As a matter of fact, one of the fastest ways to get me out of the room is to turn on a football game.  Yet, I love football movies.  And not just the off the field stuff, but the actual games.  I've been watching the TV show Friday Night Lights.  Which is all about football.  And I sometimes rewind to watch the football parts of it.  But tonight I just realized why I like it.  I don't have to watch all of the time outs.  One slow play at a time.  Soooo boring.  But fiction is fast paced and you only see the important stuff.  :)  I guess I'll stick with fiction over the real game.  And I'm okay with that. 

No comments: