Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

So, someone finally mentioned that I haven't been blogging.  It wasn't necessarily why I haven't been blogging, but it motivated me a little bit.  The fact is, I've planned several blog posts in my head and then never gotten around to typing them.  That's just how it goes sometimes.

Yesterday I celebrated Thanksgiving in Roselle with my mom's side of the family.  At some points in the evening I was laughing so hard I cried. My plan was to tell you the story about the coffee cup, but I think it would get lost in translation and I forgot to take a picture of the coffee cup, which would have helped you understand the story.  At the end of the evening, my cousin Jake said, "I love when Teresa visits.  She laughs at everything!"  I finally got to see my cousin's engagement ring (she got engaged in July) and hear some wedding details.  Here are some pictures of our dinner:
 Before consumption.
 A candid of the diners:
 Hey, everyone look:
Then, today, Mom and I left the house at 9:30 to start shopping.  My kind of Black Friday.  We went to Woodfield and went to Gap and New York & Company.  Then we stopped at Chickfila for lunch :).  Unlike if we had gone in Peoria, there was absolutely no wait.  And I think I could have gotten free fries!  You know how they walk around asking if you want a refill on your drinks?  Well, I was eating the last of mom's fries (I had already eaten my own!) and the owner asked if I wanted a refill.  I was taken aback and full, or I would have seen if he would have really given me more fries.  Then we headed to Stratford for a couple of more stores.  And we ended at Best Buy.  Now, I am parked in a chair and might not move again.

No comments: