Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cousins

The first weekend of April, I was able to get together with all the girl cousins for dinner and conversation!  I love these nights.  We formally arrange this about once a year.  This year, all the cousins who live in Illinois were able to make it.  A minor miracle with all of our busy schedules.

As some people were deciding that Facebook was stupid and they were going to delete their account, I was joining Facebook :).  Story of my life--I succumb to technology just as it is becoming uncool or there is something newer and better coming along.  Now, a few years later, there are times that I want to quit Facebook too.  If I made a list of the top 5 time suckers for me, Facebook would definitely be on it.  But I tell people all the time that it is totally worth it for me because it allows me to connect to these ladies in this picture in a way that I was never able to before Facebook.  I have become more a part of their every day lives than I was ever able to.  I may still only see them 1-3 times a year, but I get to daily see what is happening with them through pictures, status updates, and silly quotes that they find special or amusing.  I get to discover their interests and hobbies.  In some small way, I get to live life with them.  Because of this, Facebook will always be worth the hassle. 

But it is during these special times that I get to see them face to face.  To find out wedding dates, hear fun kid stories, have someone discover that they know the "perfect man for me" after a statement about cheese curds, see fun shoes live and in person, get hugs and smiles, feel a connection, and find out that some people might have a slight addiction to all things lip balm related.  And start an intervention.  And laugh.  And laugh.  And cry because I'm laughing so hard.

I love you girls and am thankful that you are part of that fun, crazy group I call Family!

No comments: