Saturday, April 27, 2013

Processing/ Scripture Saturday

It's been one of those days.  A great day.  A busy day.  A day that I want to savor.  A day where the Lord has made me think.  A day where I can count my blessings.  A day that I kind of want to freeze in time.

I made a surprise trip to Arizona to see Dad, Amy, Daynah, Josh, and the boys in the house.  I booked my ticket two months ago and only told Amy (I really wanted to surprise everyone, but their schedules are so busy, I wanted to have a direct link to make sure that they would be here for the surprise.  Otherwise, it would have been a horrible surprise!).  Daynah figured out about a month ago that I was coming to Arizona, but did not know when I was coming.  Dad and Josh were clueless.  I was here at Christmas, and it was the hardest goodbye for me at the end of the trip.  Normally, I enjoy my time with family but I am ready to leave at the end of a trip.  That trip wasn't the case and I couldn't really tell you why.  In February, I was really missing my family and just wanted to book a ticket.  And I found a ticket pretty cheap and decided to go for it.  You only live once, and all that jazz.  So here I am.

This morning I woke up and spent some time in the Word.  I am coming to the end of the BSF Genesis study.  Then I went shopping with Amy and a couple of the boys.  They just got two new boys in their house, so it has been fun getting to know them.  On the way to the car, Whyatt asked me why I have gray in my hair.  Really, Lord, twice in one week?!  :)  I told him it was because I was old.  He told me I don't look old and guessed my age at 16.  Tyler guessed I was 20.  So the comment was redeemed! :)

Daynah and I took a trip to Chipotle for lunch and watched Gilmore Girls while we ate.

We went to see the movie "Camp" which I had never heard of but it was recommended to Dad and Amy during a staff meeting.  It is a Christian movie about a boy who goes into the foster system and ends up at summer camp for the week.  The counselor he is paired with is at the camp for the wrong reasons.  The movie is about both of their journeys to self-discovery and learning to like each other.  It was a little cheesy in parts, but overall a good message.  I cried, of course, which started the emotional portion of my day. :)

After the movie we headed to church. I really like the church they attend on Saturday evenings.  The message was about waiting on the Lord.  Here are some of the highlights.  Biblical waiting is not a passive waiting.  Waiting is not something we have to do until we get what we want.  Waiting is a part of the process of becoming what God wants us to be.  Waiting on the Lord is a confident, disciplined, expectant, active, sometimes painful clinging to God.  It is saying, "God, I will trust you and obey you, even though the circumstances of my life are not turning out the way I want them to and may never turn out the way I want them to.  I'm betting everything on you, God, and there is no Plan B."  Waiting on the Lord requires patient trust, confident humility (I am not in control! and I need to wait without worry), and teaches me to recognize His voice.  God's voice is never frantic.  When I hear desperate or panicky thoughts, that's not God's voice.  I cried, and continued the emotional portion of my day! :)

Now, I'm being summoned to play Euchre, so duty calls!  Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments: