Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Highlights of my Day

*I heard on the radio on the way to work that our governor was in federal custody. Now, I don't like to rejoice in other's suffering, but since a few months ago he was almost the cause of me losing my job and he was the cause of many of my friends losing their jobs, I did have a fleeting joyous thought. But then I found out why he was in federal custody and I think I laughed outright. Seriously, trying to sell the senate seat? I just don't get it.

*I had a really good session with one of my more difficult clients. I am trying not to get overly optimistic, but I think he might be ready to turn a corner in therapy, meaning he might actually be willing to participate in therapy. A few weeks ago I couldn't even ask him the question "what did you have for dinner last night?" without him getting defensive and saying "why do you want to know!" Today I actually got a whole story including feeling words about a particularly hard thing that happened!!! God is good! Thank you care group for praying for this client!

*I braved the weather and survived! I had to travel to Washburn and back in sleet and then snow in order to take a client home. Ironically, the only time I slid was turning into my apartment complex!

*I am without milk for tomorrow. Those of you who know me well know that I drink a glass of chocolate milk a day. But, after braving the weather to Washburn and back, I decided I should not test the weather anymore in order to go to Walmart for milk.

*I watched/got sucked into The Biggest Loser tonight. I will definitely be watching the finale next week, darn it! This is why I don't watch reality shows, they are too addictive! But now I want to know who will win...Heba, Michelle, Ed, or Vicky. I just don't know! And who did America vote to stay in the final three? Ed or Heba.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it home safely!It is not fun traveling in snow and ice.
Glad your client is hopefully coming around. That does make for a good day.
Hmmm. You never told me you almost lost your job! I pray everyday that the economy turns around soon and everyone can feel secure again. I hate to hear people are losing their jobs. It is very scary out in the world!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am hooked on the Biggest Loser too! Did I tell you I know someone who is on the next season?? Did you know Michelle's mother goes to my church?? I hope Michelle wins! I don't like Vicky. :(

Lisa