Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Movie/TV pet peeves

I was watching an episode of Gilmore Girls tonight (if you don't watch it, don't tune this out, there is a non-Gilmore Girl section, I promise!). One of the things that Rory and Lorelai do a lot is drink coffee. But I don't believe that they ever had any liquid in their cups. I mean, how hard would it be to fill the cups with water so that it looks like they are actually carrying a cup with something in it. Much more convincing!

And another pet peeve...With all the advanced special effects and technology available in Hollywood, you would think that someone could create something that looks remarkably like a real baby. That way, when someone is holding a fake baby, you wouldn't be able to tell. I can usually pick out the fake baby because it is either unnaturally wrapped up in a huge blanket, whoever is holding it looks like they are holding air, or there is an obviously recorded cry in the background. I'm no expert, but it doesn't seem like it would take a rocket scientist to figure something out. And whoever creates it would make a lot of money! Wait a minute, maybe that's how I can make my millions! I'll get right on it!

No comments: