Thursday, December 18, 2008

Overly Cautious

So, most of you who know me know that I am overly cautious in a lot of areas, but especially when it comes to weather. Tonight I am kicking myself in the behind for the caution. The prediction of an ice storm today sent me into a continual 24 hour worry session. Do I go to Tremont from 3:30 until 6:00 or do I reschedule/cancel the appointment. Up until 3:00 today (when the sun was still basically shining), I wasn't sure what to do. I knew at that point that I could make it to Tremont, but would I make it home? Well, now it is 6:00, I would have been home or on my way home, and there is still NOTHING happening outside. Now, I have to work until 6 or 6:30 tomorrow night. And I have a Christmas party to go to at 6 or 6:30. So, it will be a slightly stressful evening, but at least I am home and safe. And I would have been patting myself on the back if the weather had turned bad at 5:00. It's all about perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's alwasy better to be cautious than get in an accident or get hurt. I came into work this morning in the ice storm but will do just what I have to do and go home. I was hoping to have a snow day and stay home and bake cookies. Now, I think I will go home and take a nap!!! :) Be careful if you do travel out!!!