Friday, October 19, 2012

Highlights

Today was a good day!  Here are three reasons it was great:

1.  Friday was actually the best day I had at work (which is most interesting because I was originally going to take the day off and instead worked a full 8 hours).  It was a great end to a pretty stinky week.  Thanks everyone who prayed for me at Bible study last night.  Today was proof that prayer works!  I have been feeling like I have been overly pessimistic the last couple of weeks and shared in Bible study that I'd like to have a better attitude and be joyful and find the good things in a bad situation. 
2.  A relative of one of my clients likened me to the Antichrist.  Really it was my profession they likened to the Antichrist, but it made me laugh out loud!  And I feel like I'm going to use that for a good long time when I am feeling down at work.  My client defended me by saying, "She doesn't drink.  She doesn't cuss.  And I'm pretty sure she doesn't believe in premarital sex."  In other words, at least my client doesn't think I'm the Antichrist!
3.  I got to play with some great kids in the nursery at church while their parents attended the Creation Conference.  Nothing like a great group of 1-3 year olds who are willing to entertain themselves.  And sit in your lap to cuddle.  And have no accidents in their pants.  And make you laugh.  And say they want to stay and play instead of going home.  And didn't cry even though it was probably past everyone's bedtime before the conference was over.

And I don't even have any lowlights to share.  It was just a great day.  Take that pessimism!

No comments: