Saturday, October 20, 2012

How fall is a lot like an extended fireworks display

Two things I love that I get to compare today!  Fireworks and fall leaves on trees.

Every year during leaf changing season I see a certain color tree and think, "Oooh, that's my favorite!"  And I get really excited.  But for some reason, every year, I forget that leaves change in shifts.  So then the next tree starts to change color and I think, "Wait, no, that's my favorite!"  But then the other tree has already lost all it's leaves so I cannot do a true comparison. :)  It doesn't really matter because they are all beautiful and I enjoy the extended display.

The other day, I realized it is the same with fireworks.  Every year one explodes in the sky and I think, "Oooh, that's my favorite!"  But then the next one explodes after that and I get really excited and think, "Wait, no, that's my favorite!"  But then they never explode side by side for a comparison.  So, I just have to accept that I can like both of them for different reasons.

So, fall leaves are a lot like an extended fireworks display without the booms!

Happy Beautiful Fall Day!

1 comment: