Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Practically Perfect in Every Way

Last night I was able to go see Mary Poppins at the Civic Center.  It was really good.  It is a movie that I have loved for a long time, so it had a lot to live up to.  I'm not sure that I would say the play was better than the movie, but it was good.  New songs and revised old songs.  The highlight was definitely the song "Step in Time."  Excellent.  At one point during the song, Bert, with cables attached, walked up the side of the stage, upside down across the top of the stage, and then down the other side.  It was so cool!

I sat with Kari, Jan, and Kari's parents.  This was during intermission.  There were some technical difficulties that stopped the show twice.  It was not great, but it will make the memories last longer. :)  I was singing Mary Poppins songs throughout the day today.

No comments: