Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Birthday, Emily!

Today is Emily's birthday. She gets the great honor of being able to usher in the roommate summer birthdays. And I'm so glad that she gets to celebrate first!
I made her a "Happy Birthday" sign for the front door because she would be the first to leave in the morning and I knew I would not be able to see her until this evening to wish her a Happy Birthday!
Don't mind the artwork.  I made this pretty late last night because I had to wait for her to go to bed so she wouldn't see it before today.
And now I just have to wait until she gets home so I can give her present to her.  I'd tell you what it is but she gets to find out first!

I am so glad that God put Emily and I on the same path for the last 8 years.  I couldn't ask for a better friend and roommate.  Emily spurs me on with her go-to attitude and her optimism.  I constantly try to sway her over to my laziness and realist/pessimist nature, simply because of the guilt I feel when she doesn't succumb!  Her love for others is another thing that I wish I could bottle and drink for myself.  Thanks for being awesome, Emily!  Happy Birthday!

No comments: