Monday, March 16, 2009

A 9 month journey

No, not pregnancy. And actually a 9 month, 3 day journey.

July 13, 2008, Pastor Ritch gave a 14 day challenge. He challenged us to spend one hour in Scripture a day for 14 days. He suggested starting by reading the New Testament. So I started this challenge. Sadly, I did not do very well with the 1 hour. 30 minutes to 45 minutes, but I could never quite get the 1 hour on a regular basis. But, out of that challenge, I decided to read through the Bible without following a plan. And as some of you might remember, I also made a pact not to get on the Internet until I had spent 30 minutes with the Lord. So, out of all of this, I managed to read the Bible through in 9 months! I was very excited to finish this journey. Equally excited that I think I'm ready to just start all over again!

2 comments:

Danell said...

yay Teresa good job:)

Erika said...

That is dedication. I am 1 week behind in my 1 yr. commitment.