Monday, August 17, 2009

Just as I thought

We had a fantabulous time at the lake this weekend. Friday night was all about fellowship. We took two church vans and between 25 and 30 people on the trip. We had the bonfire, praise and worship and some smores. Some were able to go for a midnight pontoon boat ride around the lake. I almost got to go but then missed the boat. Everyone enjoyed it but came back freezing. The family that hosted us as a wonderful house on the lake. All the girls got to sleep in various rooms in the house, but most of us were upstairs in a loft with several bunk beds. The guys either camped outside or slept on air mattresses in the basement. Saturday morning started with individual time in the Word, followed by a HUGE spread of breakfast foods, lots of which was provided by McDonald's--pancakes, eggs, sausage, cinnamelts (my personal favorite), a variety of fruit, toast, granola bars, and I'm sure I'm missing a few things (one thing we know how to do in our group is eat food!). Next it was getting ready for a day on the lake which began with a "sermon by the lake" by Ryan's dad. He gave us the rules of all the toys we would be playing with throughout the day so that our safety was insured. Most of the group left soon after that--four on the jet skis, six on the speed boat to tube, and the rest of us on the pontoon boat. Five people had to stay back because we didn't have enough life jackets. They spent the morning riding the ATVs and relaxing. The pontoon boat anchored in an inlet where we swam, played water games, sunbathed, and fellowhsipped. We were the transfer point for people going out on the jet skis and speed boat. Halfway through the day we went back to pick up the people left on shore and five people stayed back. I spent most of the day on the pontoon boat and swimming in the lake. I went out on the last boat ride for tubing. I had never been tubing but had a great time, although my body definitely protested for the next two days! It was a double tube called "Big Mable", so Kristi and I went together. Ryan's dad gave us quite the ride! Kristi fell off twice, but I managed to hang on. We then went in for dinner and lots and lots of sitting (we were all too worn out to do anything else!). We had a time of sharing what the Lord has been doing in our lives in the last year. It was a great time to be encouraged by my brothers and sisters in Christ. Then, we packed up, cleaned up, and headed home, arriving at the church at 11:45pm. We laughed a lot in church on Sunday morning because we were all moving a little slowly and comparing muscle soreness and sunburns. I can't wait for another opportunity to go again! I didn't take as many pictures as I had anticipated, only of the guys being guys on the pontoon boat (i.e. creating any game they can think of to entertain themselves while the girls relaxed on floats or on deck!). Maybe I will post them later. They are actually quite funny!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time!