Friday, January 15, 2010

Hard to believe

I recently realized that at the end of January, I will have lived in Illinois for 4 years. That means that I have officially lived in Illinois longer than I lived in Texas (that actually happened about 6 months ago because I only lived in Texas for 3 1/2 years). It makes me feel happy and sad all at the same time (I recently discussed this in a therapy session with a client...how you feel pleasant and unpleasant feelings at the same time). It makes me feel happy because I love the life God has given me here in Peoria. I am close to family. I fellowship at a wonderful, Bible-teaching, God-honoring church. I have amazing friends that I get to spend time with and grow with. But it makes me sad because I had some of those things in Texas too. I have amazing friends. I had a job that I enjoyed. I loved the area. And now it seems like such a long time ago.

No comments: