Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1

I am currently reading through the book of Jeremiah, and as I was reading this morning, I was praying that, in the midst of the consequences that Israel was facing, God would reveal to me the continuity of His word and how, even in the midst of these consequences, there is reason to praise. And in chapter 26, I found that God, in the midst of his prophesying through Jeremiah, was still willing to relent if the people would turn back to Him. What a gracious God we serve!

Today I was thinking through the things I have to be thankful for. And there were so many. And it was so fun to read through Facebook posts of the things my friends and family are thankful for. Thank you Lord for a day to think about what we are thankful for!

No comments: