Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm a Nerd / This is my 700th POST!

So, I have a friend who uses the sticky notes on her computer. For those of you who don't know, they are a post-it note that is on your desktop. You can even change the colors. I made fun of her for using this when I first saw it. However, a few months ago, I created one with the start of my Christmas list. And then about a month ago, I started another one for a list of what I want to buy everyone for Christmas (luckily, none of my family lives close by to accidentally see what they are getting for Christmas!). The nerdy part: last week I figured out the way to line through the items as I buy them. It's a high-tech to-do list! And I have to say, I take back making fun of my friend. It is a good reminder. Although it does sometimes bother me, so I have to hide it from view.

And for my 700th post, I will let you in on 7 things you might not know about me:
1. I could live in a hoodie sweatshirt all winter if I was allowed.
2. I bought the same Bible twice because the other one started loosing pages but I didn't want to "break in" a new Bible. At least this way, I knew where certain things were based on their location on the page in the old and new Bible. I have a visual memory. Even if I can't remember chapter and verse, I can remember left hand side, first column, near the top.
3. Most of the time, I would rather go back for seconds on fruits and vegetables then get dessert.
4. Every spare surface in my living room and bedroom is filled with picture frames. Which is why I don't like to dust.
5. I only really obsess about Chick-fil-a because I don't have one close by. Once it comes to Peoria, you won't hear me talk about it that much.
6. Holding a baby is one of the quickest ways to cheer me up. I've been known to call friends with babies and invite myself over when I've had a particularly bad day.
7. I used to love flying but now it's kind of a nuisance. A necessary nuisance when your family and friends are scattered across 3 different states, but still a nuisance.

No comments: